Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Little Getaway


My sister is getting married in September and I'm the (heh hem) matron of honor...it makes me feel matronly. So, I decided to plan a little getaway for my sister and some of her friends. My most favorite part was creating a simple theme and making the invitations. I absolutely adore all kinds of bunting and wanted to try my hand at making some from vintage, patterned and plain solid fabric.

I carried the theme and fabrics through to the favors, which was homemade lotion made by our mom. I originally imagined the lotion in small mason jars, but wasn't able to find any without buying a big box of them. We stayed at Old Summer House Bed & Breakfast and I highly recommend. The place is adorable! And hello homemade breakfast of whatever we (well, actually my sister) wanted! Quiche, fresh fruit and surprise banana crepes. yumm. I also made a bunting and strung it across the main living area and with the b&b's decor, I think it looked perfect.

And there's the lovely bride-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment